Join our Team
Westbury Leigh is a busy school and there is always lots to do and be part. We welcome volunteers and new recruits to be part of our productive team.
Interested in Volunteering
Volunteers are welcome and are able to get involved in a range of activities in school.
Examples of volunteering activities include:
Hearing children read
Supporting with class activities
Mentoring and supporting children with their learning
Volunteers will be subject to a disclosure and barring service check (DBS) which assesses suitability to work with children. All volunteers receive an induction into the role and are well supported by staff.
Westbury Leigh CE (VC) Primary school is situated on the edge of Westbury Town; it is a large modern primary school with spacious grounds. At Westbury Leigh we aspire not to have more but to be more and this is lived out in our vision of “Inspire, Aspire and Achieve”. We believe that the future of our world is in the hands of our children and their voice and place within this should be nurtured, heard and respected.
We wish to recruit an enthusiastic and forward-thinking Key Stage 2 primary teacher to join our team. We hope to recruit someone who has high expectations both of themselves and others - someone who can inspire pupils and adults alike. We would love to hear from someone who has an interest in English or the arts and a passion for upper Key Stage 2.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has high expectations and is able to raise aspiration and achievement
- Aspires to be an outstanding teacher and inspires great learning
- Is able to deliver high quality learning opportunities for every child
- Is creative, innovative and ambitious
- Is an effective team player and committed to personal and team development
- Is willing to promote and support wider school working and enrichment
- Has ambition to make a difference
We can offer:
- An excellent package of professional development opportunities
- A dynamic and friendly working environment
- An inclusive and caring ethos – a strong and positive family feel
- Specialist staff and a motivated team
- A strong outdoor learning ethos supported by our school farm and forest school
- Eco school Status
We encourage a visit to our school; once you step inside you will be inspired by what’s on offer, nothing sells a school like the people who make it – come and see how we are flourishing - arrange a visit by calling Tanya Brooks in the school office on 01373 822230 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you.
For further information about Westbury Leigh Primary School please visit our website at http://www.westburyleigh.wilts.sch.uk. Candidate packs can be downloaded from the vacancy page and completed forms sent to email@example.com by Tuesday 1 November, 2022 at 3pm.